Brie recipe suggestions

A forum for all things cooking, food or snack related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Brie recipe suggestions

Post by Zasso Nouka »

So chefs of Japan Simple Life, I need your help. Mrs Nouka is going to be busy with the cafe for the next few days and I have to look after my own lunch. Normally I'd stick with my go to recipes of matar paneer, aloo gobi or various chaats but right now we have a lot of Brie to get through and I wondered if anyone had any good recipe ideas to help out here. I'm thinking of bread crumbing some chunks and deep frying them to have with salad for today's lunch but I can feel my arteries furring up, tasty but perhaps not the healthiest option.

So does anyone have any good suggestions ? I could really do with a hand here :pray:

Oh,and no prunes :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: Brie recipe suggestions

Post by gonbechan »

there's not SO much that you can do with brie that is different from what you can do with other cheeses.
I wouldn't bread and fry it because it won't be encased like a mini brie or a Camembert would be so you might have some explosive action going on

If you can make pie pastry or buy some frozen pie sheets, or convince Mrs Nouka to make you some pastry, then you could have a go at Brie en Croute
You can stuff it with pretty much whatever you want but fruit and nuts are the more traditional.

If you can also pinch some bread dough from Mrs Nouka and bash out a bunch of different calzones which you can then freeze some to have later when you are not stuffing your face with brie on a daily basis.
Pretty much anything you put on a pizza can go in a calzone and just use brie instead of other cheese.
Of course if you were really ambitious, (well it would be what I would do) is make some lovely french onion soup and then float rafts of baguette slices with toasted brie on the top of the soup. It is still cold enough for that.
But I reckon that any soup you can get your hands on would be much enhanced by the accompaniment of baguette slices with toasted brie.

Mind you if these recipes are too hard for you, there is only ONE solution.
Send me the brie. I will give it a verrah good home. :dance:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Extra in case you can't do the above but cannot bring yourself to send the poor thing to me

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Wow Gonbechan, that's some awesome recipes there. I had a butchers in the freezer and we have some pie sheets there so will have a go at the Brie en Croute as we have a whole bunch of unsold mushrooms from one of the michi no eki's we deliver to.

Can I use our bread maker for the calzone dough ? The pigs in blankets dippy thing looks fantastic, I'm going to grab some puff pastry sheets for that one and we might have it on sunday evening.

I didn't realise brie was so versatile, thank you so much.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Yeah bread machine is perfect for making pizza dough. You can knock it down with some olive oil after the machine has done its bit.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nice one, that makes it a bit easier.