Tech Support

Re: Finding Land - Links

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Well you have greater self control than I :lol:

VanillaEssence

Finding Land - Links

Post by VanillaEssence »

https://www.iju-join.jp/akiyabank/

All Japan. UX much nicer than most Japanese websites. Has listings on the site as well as links to other cities’ Akiya banks

VanillaEssence

Finding Land - Links

Post by VanillaEssence »

Large plots of land - is there any way to view these online?

I’ve heard that the larger plots of land rarely come up for sale and if they do it’s rare to see them online. Is this correct? I’d really love to check out some large properties (150 acres+) but have so far been unable to find any。

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Finding Land - Links

Post by Zasso Nouka »

VanillaEssence wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:54 pm
I’d really love to check out some large properties (150 acres+) but have so far been unable to find any。
:eek:

TIL there are plots of land that big in Japan, what would you do with that much land ? Are we talking a whole forest or an entire mountain ?

VanillaEssence

Finding Land - Links

Post by VanillaEssence »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:48 am

:eek:

TIL there are plots of land that big in Japan, what would you do with that much land ? Are we talking a whole forest or an entire mountain ?
Ideally that would be fields haha. Either veggies or livestock. My parents have a hobby sheep farm of 80 acres and they work full time. In Aus we have farms that are millions of acres so 100 doesn’t seem that gigantic to me haha.

Maybe plots that size don’t exist but it seems to me that out of the 100,000 hectares of unused land there must be some large properties.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Finding Land - Links

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We were offered half a mountain up in Fukushima back in 2011, it had a hunting lodge and accomodation for guests. The price was awesome and we had arranged to go visit in April or May once the snow had melted but sadly events in March ruled that out :cry:

Most farms up in Hokkaido are pretty big, I've also seen some large free range dairy farms up in Tohoku.

donguri

Finding Land - Links

Post by donguri »

The large sections of available land that I see, or hear about from locals, all seem to be a mountain, or one side of a mountain, not really extensive sections of fields. I suspect there may be more of these types available in the near future as there isn't much money in forestry these days and most families (or the people who inherit the land) don't want to maintain or pay the tax.

Depending on where you are, and your relationship with people around you, maybe start asking around. A lot of folks can't imagine that anyone would want to buy or keep such land.

vapidspants

Finding Land - Links

Post by vapidspants »

Two questions:
  • What are the different land types available in Japan and what exactly can be done with the different types? (I am assuming, residential, commercial, farmland, others) - I am interested in the forest and mountain types that have been mentioned.
  • And is there a good way to search for larger plots or land, either farmland, forest, or mountain? Some folks mentioned that Sanrin (農地) is a good type for all-around

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Finding Land - Links

Post by gonbechan »

SanRin Bank
Yama Ichiba
Shin Rin Net

of course there are many, many more.
You should do a search for 山林物件 Sanrin Bukken

vapidspants

Finding Land - Links

Post by vapidspants »

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing those and the general wording to use as well.

I came across these two websites and wanted to share them. Perhaps they will be of use to others:
https://www.alis-ac.jp/
https://www.nouchinomadoguchi.com/