Kyushu to Iwate or Hokkaido.

Have somewhere you'd recommend to other members ? Or somewhere you really enjoyed and want to share.
CYEK

Re: Kyushu to Iwate or Hokkaido.

Post by CYEK »

Lazi, blow gun is more my style.
Ian, what radar trap? totally missed as I went up 144.

Finally made it to my last stop after visiting a number of recycle junk stores.

Found a heap of short stainless pipes for the rocket stove wood burner set that were stored in one of those wooden boxes lined with tin used for cooking about 55cm by 40cm by 40cm, so a decent size.
I asked them if i could get the box as well expecting them to ask a ridiculous high price which what normally happens and they told me to just take it.
Heaps of short piping with curves and double ends with caps and box all for 3000 yen.

Next place I visit has same box for 10000 yen but they also had a large old style solid tin maki stove and long stainless steel piping and got all this for another 2000 yen. Even scored a rear ski carrier that can be converted to a bike carrier for 1000 yen.

Ian is now wondering how I got all this into an already filled car but it wasn't easy. Also stopped off at costco and load up with muffins, apple pie, cereal, a few large packets of chips, clam chowder tins and a lot more.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nice score on the chimney piping man,

What's you plan for the secondary combustion on your maki stove CYEK ? Are you going to create a separate chamber for that or try and achieve it within the chimney sections and harness the heat from there ?

Don't eat all those muffins at once :lol:

Ian

Post by Ian »

CYEK - Very well done on putting all that into your car! Great deals too!!

Just kidding on the wallet and radar trap, it was just in reference to our lunchtime talk. :D

CYEK

Post by CYEK »

Now trying to refigure my planned set up. Have the 44 gallon drum, 1 cooking wood stove and one of those round key or offset figure 8 cooking maki stove plus heaps of piping. Might just set one up at each end first and see how they perform. Muffins nearly gone. They don't last long around here.

CYEK

Post by CYEK »

this cold weather and snow is already making me think of another trip back down to kyushu.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

CYEK wrote:Now trying to refigure my planned set up. Have the 44 gallon drum, 1 cooking wood stove and one of those round key or offset figure 8 cooking maki stove plus heaps of piping.
What is the drum can for ? Will that form part of your secondary combustion system ?

CYEK

Post by CYEK »

Drum for secondary combustion and mass thermal. The idea is hopefully is to have secondary burn in bottom half whilst top half does mass thermal but not sure what to put around it. Creating secondary burn shouldn't be too hard and just needs tubing with holes drilled in that can suck air from outside. The original idea was to make the whole system portable so it could basically move to one of three areas with there own flues. Now I'm leaning more towards having one stove at each end but making the drum movable to each stove but if its covered for thermal mass then a little more difficult.

ZN, What is your definition of soon?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »