What are you playing?

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

What are you playing?

Post by gonbechan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Having overdosed on Red Dead Redemption II (both me and senor Gonbe) and me losing interest in Tropico all versions (on PC) there is nothing really we want to play at the moment. Either on PS4 or PC.

Well Senor Gonbe has a ban on GTA IV as he tends to go on sprees where he devolves into some muttering, cursing, sweaty blob, so let's not count that.

What are you playing or looking forward to playing?

I am looking forward to Planet Zoo

DocDoesFarming

Re: What are you playing?

Post by DocDoesFarming » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Wife got me a PS4 for my birthday last December, since then I've managed to accumulate a backlog of games I doubt I'll have a chance to touch anytime soon such as:

Doom
Wolfenstein
Uncharted 4
Uncharted the Lost Legacy
Witcher 3
God of War
Yakuza 0
Last of Us
Bloodbourne

I really want to dive into Red Dead more, I don't like playing it in short bursts. Also i'm a tight bastard so I won't pay for online.

Also haven't touched my switch in a while, poor little thing :'(
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Red dead is way more interesting on your own. Everything you achieved in story mode does not come with you to online mode. Basically its stupid.

The private server setup like GTA has isnt available or doesnt work, last time I looked.

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:02 am

I go through periods where I play a lot of video games, and then don't play at all for months. I'm currently in a "video game playing" mode. I just bought a Switch, and blew through Super Mario Odyssey way too quickly. I'm a bit disappointed by how short the game was...or I just liked it so much I put more time into it than I realized. Anyway, I just started Breath of the Wild, and am loving it. The Switch already has a great catalog of games, and it just keeps getting better. Really glad I got a Switch.

A few years ago I bought a Wii U, which was a big mistake. I ended up playing Wii games on it exclusively. I traded it in for a PS4, but that was lost or stolen from my sister's house. Not really sure what the story is with that, and don't want to know. I've missed out on some great PS4 games.

You can find really cheap "refurbished" (aka used) 2/3DSs for sale in the US right now. A while back I bought a 2DS (the original non-folding kind, not the new more powerful one), modded it, and played a ton of games on it. It really helped pass the time when travelling to/from japan. The last game I played on that was Metroid: Samus Returns. Super fun.

Since I'm quite cheap, I've played a lot of emulated games, too. Dolphin (https://dolphin-emu.org/) is pretty amazing for that. I was playing Super Mario Sunshine on it, but got the itch to play some more modern games (hence the Switch), and so stopped. I'l probably get back to it at some point, unless they port Sunshine to the Switch.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:59 am

I like games but unfortunately I have started to get motion sickness in 1st player games.
One really strange one was Eurotruck, I was fine while I was driving in the UK but the minute I crossed the channel and had to drive the left hand drive trucks, I started yawning and pretty soon was in *hurk* mode.

Friends often buy me games on Steam because they want me to come play with them but in the end I am usually complaining and burping and needing to go talk on the porcelain telephone. They find it very amusing.
I have wireless headphones and sometimes forget to take them off or mute mic before hurking and everyone on the discord server cheers and claps.
I am very lucky to have friends that find me such a source of entertainment.

For gentle entertainment I tend to stick to games like Tropico. This is why I am looking forward to the zoo thing.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:02 am

Bit of an old one but I'm going back through the remastered versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2 and thinking of seeing what Total War has to offer these days.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 pm

gonbechan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 pm
Red dead is way more interesting on your own. Everything you achieved in story mode does not come with you to online mode. Basically its stupid.

The private server setup like GTA has isnt available or doesnt work, last time I looked.
I can see online being fun with a group of friends.

Sadly I don't have any friends.

:crying-yellow:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 pm
Sadly I don't have any friends.
Ha, friends are for people who are crap at gaming. Anyway, once you start full time farming you won't have time for either of those or any of the other things in life you used to enjoy. It's one unending litany of back break hard work for dawn till dusk, with the occasional Strong Zero to numb the pain.

So that's something to look forward to :crying-yellow:

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:14 am

I seem to be an outlier in the gaming world in that I exclusively play single-player games. For me, playing video games is about escaping to another world. Honestly, I don't want to interact with other people when I play video games. These days it seems like playing games online means listening to some 12 year old shit bag yelling in your ear.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:00 am

Ha, friends are for people who are crap at gaming. Anyway, once you start full time farming you won't have time for either of those or any of the other things in life you used to enjoy. It's one unending litany of back break hard work for dawn till dusk, with the occasional Strong Zero to numb the pain.

So that's something to look forward to :crying-yellow:
This is true. I am very crap at gaming. My friends love playing with me because it makes them look better.