Fall Gardening

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Fall Gardening

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Sweet baby Jesus man,

I do hope you have a qualified osteopath fully booked out for the next month after you finish getting all that lot planted, that makes my already sore back even worse just seeing how many you have to plant :eek:

Seriously though having tried your method this year for the first time it really does work well. We've lost none to being overgrown with weeds or being munched by nekirimushi so will be doing the same from now on.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Fall Gardening

Post by gonbechan »

while scrolling down... picture 4 .. looked genuinely sus... i thought you had accidentally taken a snap of your crotch zone and put it in with the neggie...

DocDoesFarming

Fall Gardening

Post by DocDoesFarming »

gonbechan wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:21 pm
while scrolling down... picture 4 .. looked genuinely sus... i thought you had accidentally taken a snap of your crotch zone and put it in with the neggie...

No accident, I wanted everyone to see my bulgeless package.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

VanillaEssence

Fall Gardening

Post by VanillaEssence »

Do you plant them by hand? No machines to help you?

DocDoesFarming

Fall Gardening

Post by DocDoesFarming »

VanillaEssence wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:59 pm
Do you plant them by hand? No machines to help you?
By hand, because I'm a machine.
I never knew that there was a planter for onions until someone mentioned that they use them in Hokkaido.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Logman

Fall Gardening

Post by Logman »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:04 pm
Logman wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:42 pm
That's a lot of onions! I did mine in the tiny cell trays. By the time I planted them, they weren't looking that healthy. I'm hoping they will bounce back, all 1000 of them.
We did that the first year we grew them and had the same result, what we are doing now is way easier to do and they look very healthy.
Yea, I'm definitely doing it your way next year.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Fall Gardening

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Should we split Doc's onion method off into its own thread to make it easier for folk to find in the future ?

Not wanting to take anything away from this thread with that but thinking it might be easier for people to find in the future if it has its own thread.

Logman

Fall Gardening

Post by Logman »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:56 pm
Should we split Doc's onion method off into its own thread to make it easier for folk to find in the future ?

Not wanting to take anything away from this thread with that but thinking it might be easier for people to find in the future if it has its own thread.
I certainly don't mind. As an update for me, after my caterpillar infestation, I removed every weed from my hatake and that seemed to fix the issue right away.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Fall Gardening

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Logman wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 pm
I certainly don't mind. As an update for me, after my caterpillar infestation, I removed every weed from my hatake and that seemed to fix the issue right away.
Thanks man, that's much appreciated.

We're still seeing a few of those caterpillars as well but the numbers are way down and far more manageable with a simple pair of scissors when you spot them on plants now. They come every year but this time came much later than normal so we thought they weren't coming at all this year. I suspect the signal for egg laying might be temperature based then and as it was hotter this year they ended up coming later.