Advice for applying to the 農業員会 (farmer's association)

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
tataminodani

Post by tataminodani »

I am going to finally sign the contract this weekend, so I have my own 農業員会 situation coming up soon.

I was fine to just pay the owner what they wanted so I get in asap, but the realestate agent thought we could get a discount and my wife's eyes lit up (she admits she is ケチ :lol: )

But that ended up just dragging the negotiations out for 2 months and we didn't end up with much of a discount in the end. :roll:

So now I have to do the 員会 and then rush and try to get ready before spring over the middle of winter. :?

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

We ended up paying someone to do the paperwork and do the legwork to get documents needed (especially since we were several hours away). We thought they we get in by the October 10 deadline if we paid someone, but it still ended up moving to November. There are guides to the paperwork online, but my wife and I were still having some trouble. Best of luck to you!

tataminodani

Post by tataminodani »

Cheers,

The real estate agent is introducing us to an agent to help for similar reasons.

Hopefully I can get onto the property and start cleaning up at least while we wait for the 員会 process.

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

A twist! Apparently, everything on my side was fine, but they're not happy about something on the seller's side. Now I get to wait another 3+ weeks to find out what shakes out. My real estate agent is working with my bank to see if they can push the loan guarantee as a result of all this as I was supposed to disburse by the end of the year. AHHHHHHHH

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Well, that's an unexpected twist for sure but at least it's not down to you. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out fairly quickly.

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

My only concern is that I'm not sure it's a 100% thing that they will issue the permit or that my loan will still be good (at least without re-applying and being re-approved). I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

tataminodani

Post by tataminodani »

I hope it works out for you!

On our end, the contract is finally provisionally signed and I had my meeting with the agent to fill out the inkai forms.

So it is all in the hands of the inkai gods now.

I did get permission to start cleaning things up so I have spent three days there now cutting bamboo and weeds, replacing broken roof tiles (there was a stash of spare tiles out the back yay)

I found some nice food trees (tea olive and chestnut) and a tea bush hidden in amongst the bamboo, which was exciting.

UeNSaVOr

Re: Advice for applying to the 農業員会 (farmer's association)

Post by UeNSaVOr »

That sounds great! I think we just have a couple kaki and ume trees. One of the things I want to do early on is plant more in our sanrin-zoned area (which has neither san nor rin at the moment) when things are all wrapped up.

tataminodani

Re: Advice for applying to the 農業員会 (farmer's association)

Post by tataminodani »

UeNSaVOr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:06 pm
That sounds great! I think we just have a couple kaki and ume trees. One of the things I want to do early on is plant more in our sanrin-zoned area (which has neither san nor rin at the moment) when things are all wrapped up.
Ahh two of my favourites. Good luck with it. I hope to be trading tree cuttings with you soon!

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

Today, I go to sign the loan. Next week, I go to pick up the keys. Assuming all that goes off without a hitch, we'll be moving in the first couple of weeks of March. At least one of the moving companies is trying to get us to move sooner (I guess maybe, if they give me enough of a discount), but wife is still working until the last few days of Feb.

There were a couple more rounds with the farmer's association on the seller's side, but it eventually all worked out. For the home loan, they had to register the other building on the property which took a bit. Now it's mostly looking at my wallet and crying as the money leaves (fire insurance, even on an all-electric property, is insane!)