Advice for applying to the 農業員会 (farmer's association)

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Congratulations.

It's been a circuitous journey but on the home straight now, well done, you must be feeling both relieved and excited to be starting a new chapter in your life. Insurance is expensive and I remember talking to Mrs Nouka about whether we really needed insurance to cover earthquakes back in December 2010. I mean most earthquakes are really small and just give your house a little bit of a shake, why waste money on something you'll likely never use. March 11th of 2011 changed that completely.

Your wallet will recover eventually although as a farmer it's likely to be more svelte than before :lol: but you'll have the satisfaction from doing what you really enjoy, at least that's what I tell myself :crying-yellow:

Best of luck with the move and hope you enjoy the new life :clap:

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

Yeah, earthquake insurance is on my mind. I might have to wait a couple of months after taking ownership, depending upon the cost, just to make sure I have as much buffer as I'd like. Thanks so much!

tataminodani

Post by tataminodani »

Congrats UeNSaVOr!

I am still waiting on my inkai, but as I noted in another thread I got to meet them in person accidentally yesterday and it seemed to go well so I am hopeful.

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

Nice! Beat of luck to you!

UeNSaVOr

Post by UeNSaVOr »

It's finally done. I have a giant pile of keys and we're moving in mid-March. Going to really be playing catch-up on prep and planting (normally, I'd already be starting seeds for some things by now). It's a few degrees colder up there, so I have a little bit more time. If the weather's nice enough, I might ride my motorbike up there this weekend or next (by the time I were to take my bike to a shipping company and come back home, the time spent would be close to just driving the thing to the new place).

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

oh congratulations.. may the adventure begin!!!!

Looking forward to new house/land piccies and stories of your journey!