Bonjour from Fukushima

Please introduce yourself
Amanogawa

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by Amanogawa »

Bonjour everyone!

I'm Emilie from France and I have started farming in Okuma town, in Fukushima prefecture.
Yesterday Zasso Nouka and his wife came to visit me and introduced me this forum! Thank you again for coming :)

I mainly grow raspberries, blackberries and other berries, also planted fruit trees (apple, abricot, mikan, cherries etc..) and some vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes...).
Farming in Okuma is kind of challenging because the town has been impacted by the nuclear accident of 2011 and there are some restrictions and inspections, but I love the place and hope farming here will help to get a better image of the prefecture.

Hope to connect with other farmers here!

Thank you :D

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hello Amanogawa/Emilie and welcome to Japan Simple Life.

It was really nice to visit you yesterday. We were really impressed by all the reconstruction efforts going on in your town. It looks like the town council is really trying hard to create a comfortable environment people will want to live in.

We were also very impressed with what you have achieved on your farm in such a short time and all by yourself. You have a wonderful opportunity there to create something unique and exciting.

It reminded us of when we first started. You will have challenges and somethings might not work but you will learn from each event and grow stronger. However each success you achieve will be very rewarding.

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful and each person has their own farming style so hopefully you will find things relevant to your situation.

It will be interesting to see what you choose to do with your farm as you develop it. Best of luck.

Bonjour Amanogawa/Emilie et bienvenue sur Japan Simple Life.

Nous avons été très heureux de vous rendre visite hier. Nous avons été très impressionnés par tous les efforts de reconstruction déployés dans votre ville. On dirait que le conseil municipal s'efforce vraiment de créer un environnement confortable dans lequel les gens voudront vivre.

Nous avons également été très impressionnés par ce que vous avez réalisé dans votre ferme en si peu de temps et tout seul. Vous avez là une merveilleuse occasion de créer quelque chose d'unique et de passionnant.

Cela nous a rappelé nos débuts. Vous aurez des défis à relever et certaines choses ne fonctionneront peut-être pas, mais vous apprendrez de chaque événement et deviendrez plus forts. Cependant, chaque succès que vous obtiendrez sera très gratifiant.

Tout le monde ici est très amical et serviable et chaque personne a son propre style d'agriculture, donc j'espère que vous trouverez des choses pertinentes pour votre situation.

Il sera intéressant de voir ce que vous choisirez de faire avec votre ferme au fur et à mesure que vous la développerez. Je vous souhaite bonne chance.

Sorry I used DeepL to translate to French :oops:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by gonbechan »

ooooo I am so happy to have you here, Amanogawa/Emilie.
It's a bit of a sausage fest in here, and new lady company is always welcome. :D

I am looking forward to reading about your adventures in farming, country life and maybe we could share recipes etc.

Very, very welcome to here!

VanillaEssence

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by VanillaEssence »

gonbechan wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:54 am
ooooo I am so happy to have you here, Amanogawa/Emilie.
It's a bit of a sausage fest in here, and new lady company is always welcome. :D

I am looking forward to reading about your adventures in farming, country life and maybe we could share recipes etc.

Very, very welcome to here!
Except Gonbekun uses the blokeiest words!

Welcome to the forum!

DocDoesFarming

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by DocDoesFarming »

ソーセージフェスタへようこそ
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Amanogawa

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by Amanogawa »

Thank you everyone for your messages!

I would love share about life in country life, recipes and much more :D
And DeepL is much more better than google, thanks for your french message!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by Zasso Nouka »

You're welcome.

Settle in and find yourself a comfy spot. Any questions please feel free to ask and whoever has the relevant experience will answer as best they can. I don't know much about permaculture so can't really help you there but we have a few folk who seem to know that area quite well. One area I do have a lot of experience with is all sorts of things that have gone horribly horribly wrong 😱😭 so will be happy to tell you what not to try.

tataminodani

Bonjour from Fukushima

Post by tataminodani »

I am pretty new myself, but welcome aboard!

Everyone has been great so far.