Gasoline storage tank

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Logman

Gasoline storage tank

Post by Logman »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:50 pm
if its diesel you are after, you can find a local biodiesel maker and have them bring their tank and fill your tank...
dunno about petrol though.
It's acquiring that tank that seems to be the issue. I guess I'll keep buying the 20 liter jerry cans for now.

czaujapman

Gasoline storage tank

Post by czaujapman »

Wouldn't you be able to buy a large 2nd hand storage petrol tank from one of the tiny country gas stations that seem to be closing left-right and center?
“My technique is don’t believe anything. If you believe in something, you are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.” ― Terence McKenna

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Gasoline storage tank

Post by gonbechan »

Logman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:42 pm

It's acquiring that tank that seems to be the issue. I guess I'll keep buying the 20 liter jerry cans for now.
A kerosine tank would work.. I used one like this for my biodiesel.. with a modified top to put a pump in to get the stuff out to the car. The biodiesel dude modified it for me.

Logman

Gasoline storage tank

Post by Logman »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:02 pm
Logman wrote:

A kerosine tank would work.. I used one like this for my biodiesel.. with a modified top to put a pump in to get the stuff out to the car. The biodiesel dude modified it for me.
Thanks! I think that would work just fine.

Logman

Gasoline storage tank

Post by Logman »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:02 pm
Logman wrote:

Thanks! I think that would work just fine.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Gasoline storage tank

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 am
My landcruiser smelled like ebi ten hahaha.
I'd happily drive behind for hours :lol:
czaujapman wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:24 pm
Wouldn't you be able to buy a large 2nd hand storage petrol tank from one of the tiny country gas stations that seem to be closing left-right and center?
That'll be the fault of all those devilish EV drivers riding around :twisted:. Sorry man couldn't resist but given how cheap it is to run an EV compared to a petrol engine most of those gasoline stands are living on borrowed time and I'm not sure I'll mourn them too much.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Gasoline storage tank

Post by gonbechan »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:06 pm

That'll be the fault of all those devilish EV drivers riding around :twisted:. Sorry man couldn't resist but given how cheap it is to run an EV compared to a petrol engine most of those gasoline stands are living on borrowed time and I'm not sure I'll mourn them too much.
Just you wait until my latest conspiracy theory happens.. then you going to be crying for a 1980's real car hahahahahaha.
ps I allude to it in the preppers thread lol.