Hello From Tokyo

Please introduce yourself
Hiroyaki

Hello From Tokyo

Post by Hiroyaki »

Hello everyone.

I'm a living in Tokyo with my wife. currently looking for some agricultural jobs around my area in Tokyo to get a bit of experience before heading down to Hiroshima my wife's home town to try and make a full time job out of farming hopefully.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Hello From Tokyo

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hi Hiroyaki, welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to join our small community. We really do appreciate that.

Do you have any sort of idea what you are aiming for or is it still in the early stages at the moment?

If you haven't already thought about it might I suggest spending some time thinking about sales. Actually growing fruits, vegetables or whatever isn't too difficult but finding places to sell where you can actually make a living can be a bit more challenging.

Anyway, all the best in your endeavour.

Hiroyaki

Hello From Tokyo

Post by Hiroyaki »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:41 am
Hi Hiroyaki, welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to join our small community. We really do appreciate that.

Do you have any sort of idea what you are aiming for or is it still in the early stages at the moment?

If you haven't already thought about it might I suggest spending some time thinking about sales. Actually growing fruits, vegetables or whatever isn't too difficult but finding places to sell where you can actually make a living can be a bit more challenging.

Anyway, all the best in your endeavour.
Market gardens selling direct via different channels. I have to stay around in Tokyo for the next year so kind of far off for exact details. Also plan on doing a 1 year apprenticeship at a local farm in Hiroshima once me and my wife are ready to move.