Chickens !!!!

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Otona Cream Pie

Chickens !!!!

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Does that also double as a protein boost for your smoothies? 8-)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Chickens !!!!

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:50 pm
Does that also double as a protein boost for your smoothies? 8-)
Can also be mixed into granola :lol:

czaujapman

Chickens !!!!

Post by czaujapman »

Are there non-white silkies available to purchase here in Japan? We had black, grey, white & mixed back in Australia but so far in Japan I have only seen white colored birds? Thanks
“My technique is don’t believe anything. If you believe in something, you are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.” ― Terence McKenna

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Chickens !!!!

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Personally I've only ever seen the white ones around our way, that's not to say other colours are unavailable elsewhere but I haven't seen them.

Tora

Chickens !!!!

Post by Tora »

Was visiting friends recently and they lost 10 of their20 chickens from inside a semi-enclosed pen (bottom half fenced with chicken wire) one night without any signs of a struggle. This pen is about30-50 meters further away from the house and the unfenced roof the chickens had been roosting under until that fateful night. These friends do not seem to be the type to look for tracks I guess.

Any idea what it might have been? Do monkeys eat chicken? Local ojisan or obasan? Hungry hippies?!

VanillaEssence

Chickens !!!!

Post by VanillaEssence »

I have literally seen a fox climb a fence but you’d expect to see feathers on the ground. I don’t know what could have done it maybe Birds of prey?

DocDoesFarming

Chickens !!!!

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Because of the whole egg shortage or soon to be egg shortages perhaps people are starting to steal chickens? With the amount of thefts of various crops and animals over the years I've seen on TV I wouldn't be surprised if people start robbing chickens now.
Seems a bit odd that there is no feather or something left behind.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Tora

Chickens !!!!

Post by Tora »

VanillaEssence wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am
I have literally seen a fox climb a fence but you’d expect to see feathers on the ground. I don’t know what could have done it maybe Birds of prey?
I know about foxes being good at climbing. No signs of blood or feathers and the incident happened at night so birds of prey might not be a reality unless it’s an owl or a gang of owls.

Tora

Chickens !!!!

Post by Tora »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:33 pm
Because of the whole egg shortage or soon to be egg shortages perhaps people are starting to steal chickens? With the amount of thefts of various crops and animals over the years I've seen on TV I wouldn't be surprised if people start robbing chickens now.
Seems a bit odd that there is no feather or something left behind.
Stealing from farmers is pretty low! I wonder if they steal from babies and little old ladies in the off season?

These friends live at the top of a mountain road 3-5km above the nearest neighbor so it would have to be a well planned raid if someone wanted to take their chickens.

The 10 birds in one night thing really is puzzling. The dog didn’t bark and there was no blood or feathers to indicate a struggle.

DocDoesFarming

Chickens !!!!

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Tora wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:26 pm
Stealing from farmers is pretty low! I wonder if they steal from babies and little old ladies in the off season?
Absolute scummy stuff indeed, especially if they are picking a whole crop clean.
I know I mentioned this already but someone I work with part time had loads and loads of beehives stolen from their farm after word got out that his father in law died.
Tora wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:26 pm
These friends live at the top of a mountain road 3-5km above the nearest neighbor so it would have to be a well planned raid if someone wanted to take their chickens.
Very very odd indeed.

I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.