Errors loading Japan Simple Life

Forthcoming changes or site maintenance
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

People might be experiencing errors loading the forum, there seems to be an issue between CloudFlare and our hosting provider. The hosting provider has suggested temporarily pausing CloudFlare, which has been done and we will resume it later and see how that pans out but in the meantime folk might have some delays or error accessing the forum.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We're back on CloudFlare again. In theory the loading issue has been resolved but if anyone does get any errors please let us know and we'll reach out to the hosting company.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Errors loading Japan Simple Life

Post by Zasso Nouka »

This might not be as resolved as we thought. Some folk are getting "Error 500 : Internal server error" when replying to threads or posts and some of the backend functions are not working.

If you get the above error when replying just refresh the page and you should see your post has been added to the thread but you'll get a warning that someone else has replied before you. Should be fine to navigate away from that page if you can see your answer there.

At the moment not 100% sure what is causing the issue but we have disabled some of the extensions. Please bear with us as we try to sort this out. Luckily the backup function is working fine so we shouldn't lose anything.

If the board does go out for a long period of time we can be contacted at [email protected].

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Could be related to what's happening at the moment but i don't get any notifications of replies or when i've been quoted in threads like before.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:52 pm
Could be related to what's happening at the moment but i don't get any notifications of replies or when i've been quoted in threads like before.
I have disabled some of the extentions to see if that stabilises the forum. That's one of the extentions that hasn't been enabled yet

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Most of the extensions have been re-enabled now and still getting the Error 500: Internal server error so it's probably not any of the extensions causing the problem. There are a couple of listings in the log files for the mailer deamon failing to send emails but they don't seem to be at the same time as folk are posting so could just be random daemon errors.

Probably we need to do a clean upgrade of the forum software, been meaning to do it for over a year now but have kept putting it off :doh:. Most likely timescale is later this week or worst case scenario is next week, sorry got a lot on getting our main domain ready for this week so please do bear with us until we've done the clean upgrade.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Am finally getting around to the "Full Package Upgrade" this week (fingers crossed). If all goes well we should have a fully working forum a the end of the process, if things don't go well then provided I backed everything up properly we'll just be back where we started but even that has the potential to go horribly, horribly wrong :lol:

Whatever happens we'll try to keep everyone updated. If the board goes offline you'll know it's because of the upgrade process.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

First attempt to upgrade failed and rolled back to our original position.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Board software has been updated but the database is steadfastly refusing to update. Not sure why but getting the same error when trying to update it.

Gonna leave it alone for a while and see what happens but please be prepared for some instability and possible loss of posts, we'll take regular backups to hopefully prevent any losses but please bear with us.

If anyone gets any errors please let us know.

If you used the "Pro Silver Special Edition" style before you'll need to go back into your user control panel and set that as the default style.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Thanks o he upgrade we now have several new "styles" you can use, if so inclined.

Click on your username in the top right corner and select "User Control Panel" then the "Board Preferences" tab and there should be a drop down box for "My Board Style". Use at your own risk but if there is a particular style someone absolutely can't live without let us know and we'll install it.