We're out of the Persephone months

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Tora

Post by Tora »

Last summer and fall were very disappointing for surfers and farmers/gardeners. Especially so for surfers and farmers. It sucked for people working outdoors and in hot workplaces, too. And the wife and kid, who do none of the above and only venture outdoors when they have to or are moved to on some random whim, wonder why I’m so disappointed/negative at times…

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Well, let's hope la Niña bring relief for us all. Lots of surf for you man and some less hot weather for the rest of us and maybe just the right amount of rain for folk growing things :dance:

Tora

Post by Tora »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:52 am
Well, let's hope la Niña bring relief for us all. Lots of surf for you man and some less hot weather for the rest of us and maybe just the right amount of rain for folk growing things :dance:

I just want less hot and normal rain. If farmers can’t do their job, we’re all screwed!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Tora wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:45 pm
I just want less hot and normal rain. If farmers can’t do their job, we’re all screwed!
I'm looking to get lots of drip tape installed this year to be ready just in case we don't get enough rain, would like to be ahead of the curve on that one :dance:

Logman

Post by Logman »

Dunno about El Nino but it was 20 degrees on Sunday and the temperature plunged yesterday afternoon, not getting over 5 degrees today. Wind chill must be minus 50. It's bloody freezing out there.

tataminodani

Post by tataminodani »

Tora wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:53 pm
Last summer and fall were very disappointing for surfers and farmers/gardeners. Especially so for surfers and farmers. It sucked for people working outdoors and in hot workplaces, too. And the wife and kid, who do none of the above and only venture outdoors when they have to or are moved to on some random whim, wonder why I’m so disappointed/negative at times…
I hear ya. My wife and kids barely leave the house too, especially so during the middle of the day. So have no idea other than the power bill was higher than usual.

She keeps wanting to plan a trip for Obon or golden week and I have to keep telling her if it's anything like last year and I am away for a week (so I can't water) everything will just die. We went away last October for 5 days and I was devastated when I came home and about 30 of my seedlings and potted plants had died and so had a heap of my mondo grass (which is nigh impossible to kill usually) because it had been so hot and dry.