Mack in Tanba

Please introduce yourself
Miwamack

Mack in Tanba

Post by Miwamack »

I'm Mack. Hi.
Japan since 2000 with some stints back in the UK where I work for a large farming group in planning and development. In reality that means I do very little work most of the time and therefore can enjoy life here in Japan pretty much stress free.
My wife and I are currently only farming small plots, rice, beans veg and odds and sods. We have some woodland, have first water from the mountain and practice no-till natural farming techniques.
I enjoy local food and drink. We don't own a TV and I try and avoid the computer and phone as much as possible. Keep well. Mack

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Mack in Tanba

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hi Mack.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to sign up, we certainly do appreciate that. You'll find Japan Simple Life to be a fairly quiet but friendly place and hope you feel welcome here.

Sounds like you have a pretty nice set up and lifestyle, probably we should be hitting you up for tips on planning and development :lol:. That's an area I'm rubbish at, everything always seems so last minute and rushed or bodged together :doh:

Looking forward to chatting in the forums :clap:

Miwamack

Mack in Tanba

Post by Miwamack »

Sadly the planning is based on dull things like economic push/pull and EU and Global market and the development is possible alternatives to mitigate losses due to commodity prices. Very dull.
When it comes to planning what goes on our plots... usually on a whim.

Thanks for the invite :)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Mack in Tanba

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Oh well, our farm isn't big enough to export to the EU or globally :lol:
Miwamack wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:11 pm
Thanks for the invite :)
No worries there.